Senior Citizen Brush & Limb Policy
Cleveland City Council passed an amendment to the ordinance for those 65 or older or who are disable to have the collection fees waived for their residential green waste pickup.
Individuals Must Meet the Following Requirements:
- Be head of household and at least 65 years of age or disabled
- Complete the Senior Citizen Free Pick Up Form application (PDF) and turn into City Hall or pick one up at City Hall, 907 E. Houston.
Debris Removal Requirements/Brush and Limb Policy
- Cut ends of tree limbs must face the street and be placed in a neat pile at the edge of the road
- Tree limbs more than 10 feet in length or 6 inches in diameter will not be picked up. This is a safety precaution to protect Public Works crews and prevent damage to equipment.
- Hired contractors, family and/or friends of homeowners who remove trees or brush are responsible for the disposal of all materials trimmed or cut.
- City ordinance forbids the deposit of grass clippings, leaves or other debris in any public right of way or ditch within the City; violators may be fined.
- Grass clippings and leaves should be mulched or bagged for collection by Waste Hauling Service.
- Vines also cannot be picked up by Public Works crew.
- Call 281-592-2667 or 281-592-2669 when the debris is ready to be picked up.
- Please allow 3-5 working days for pick up.