City of Cleveland Utility Bill consists of the water, sewer, and trash disposal services.
Water is a metered service. Meters are read monthly as close to 30 days as possible. The previous read and present read appear on the bill. One consumption usage of water is equivalent to 748 gallons, and is computed on a conservation rate schedule. All meters have a base charge, which varies by meter size. The base charge is added to the computed usage to calculate your total monthly water charge.
Sewer is a non-metered service. Sewer rates are based on water consumption in each month.
Residential garbage is billed monthly plus tax. Commercial services are handled directly by Waste Management Services. Call 800-800-5804 for more information.
Utility Payment Options
Online payments can be made through Municipal Online Payments for residential and commercial accounts.
Simply access the online payments website using the links provided and follow the prompts. Site accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and debit cards.
Auto Pay Option
Download the Electronic Payment Authorization form (PDF). Complete the form with a voided check for the account you have chosen and bring into the Water department. Your account will be automatically drafted each month for your billed amount. If you need to change this feature, you must contact the Water Department in a timely manner. You are responsible for any overdrafts or return fees.
By Mail, In Person, or Via the Drive Through Night Depository
907 E. Houston
Cleveland, TX 77327
Utility Billing Facts
- Water Department office does not close for lunch. You can use the night drop box in the drive-thru after hours.
- Bills are mailed on or around the 20th of each month for the prior month’s consumption
- The due date is always on the 5th (if the 5th falls on a weekend or holiday then the due date is the next business day)
- Penalty equal to 10% of any unpaid balance will be added to your account balance the day after the due date.
- Water services will be disconnected if balance is not paid in full by the 25th day after the due date.
- Residential garbage service days are Thursday.
- Changes on account can only be made by authorized account holders
- If you have an emergency after hours, call the City of Cleveland Police Dept at 281-592-2621
- We accept the following forms of payment: Cash, Check, Money Order or Credit Card (MasterCard or Visa only; $2.50 fee on all credit card transactions). You can use our online bill payment system, pay in person or we can take your credit card information over the phone.