General City Election Info
November 3, 2020 General Election
Due to the Governor’s Proclamation authorizing cities to move their May 2, 2020 election to November uniform election date due to the current health crisis, the City of Cleveland passed Ordinance no. 1218 approving the move.
Debido a la Proclamación del Gobernador que autoriza a las ciudades a trasladar su elección del 2 de mayo de 2020 a la fecha de elección uniforme de noviembre debido a la actual crisis de salud, la Ciudad de Cleveland aprobó una ordenanza no. 1218 aprobando el movimiento
City of Cleveland's General Election for November 3, 2020 is for Council Positions 3, 4 & 5.
La elección general de la ciudad de Cleveland para el 3 de noviembre de 2020 es para los puestos 3, 4 y 5 del consejo.
EARLY VOTING LOCATIONS AND TIMES
lugares y horarios de votación anticipada
Cleveland Civic Center, 210 Peach Avenue, Cleveland, Texas
Hardin City Hall, 142 C.R. 2010, Hardin, Texas
Dayton Community Center, 801 S. Cleveland St., Dayton, Texas
Jack Hartel Community Building, 318 San Jacinto St., Liberty, Texas
Dates and times for Early Voting
lugares y horarios de votación anticipada
October 13- 9-4pm
October 14 - 9-4pm
October 15 - 9-4pm
October 16 - 9-4pm
October 19 - 9-4pm
October 20 - 9-7pm
October 21 - 9-7pm
October 22 - 9-7pm
October 23 - 9-7pm
October 24- 9-4pm
October 26 - 9-4pm
October 27 - 9-7pm
October 28 - 9-7pm
October 29 - 7-7pm
October 30- 7-7pm
ELECTION DAY - NOVEMBER 3, 2020
- August 17, 2020 - Statutory last day for ordering general election or special election to fill a vacancy
- August 24, 2020 - Last day for ballot candidate to withdraw in a general or special election and have the candidate's name removed from the ballot (withdrawal request must be received by 5:00 pm CST) (Exception: a withdrawal submitted after this date is valid if it is submitted before the ballots are prepared and before public notice of the logic and accuracy test has been published.
- Oct 5, 2020 - Last day to mail balloting materials for early voting by mail, to persons whose applications were accepted before the 37th day before election.
- Oct 5, 2020 - Last day to submit voter registration application in time to vote at the election or for requesting transfer of registration in time to vote in new precinct not in the same county or territory.
- * Oct 13, 2020 - First day for early voting by personal appearance (this date was changed by Executive Order of Governor Abbot, July 27, 2020 to increase time for early voting.
- Oct 23, 2020 - Last day to receive application by mail for a ballot to be voted by mail, by 12 noon or close of business, whichever is later.
- Oct 30, 2020 - Last day of regular early voting by personal appearance
- Nov 3, 2020 - Election Day - polls are open 7 am to 7 pm.
- Liberty County registered voters who need to update their voter registration information or residents who would like to register to vote, visit www.VoteTexas.
- Mail in Ballots will be being mailed the end of September or beginning of October for those that have filled out the application (sent from Liberty County Elections Admin Dept.
- Liberty County Elections Information - https://www.co.liberty.tx.us/page/liberty.Elections @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
VOTER ID REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications for Mayor or Councilmember
The Mayor shall be a resident citizen of the City of Cleveland, at least twenty-one (21) years of age, and a qualified voter of the State of Texas: and shall have been a resident of the City of Cleveland for a period of not less than twelve (12) months immediately preceding his election, and shall not be indebted to the City of Cleveland.
Each Councilman shall be a resident citizen of the City of Cleveland, at least twenty-one (21) years of age, and shall have been a resident of the City of Cleveland for a period of at least twelve (12) months immediately preceding the election, shall be a qualified voter of the State of Texas, and shall not be indebted to the City of Cleveland. If the Mayor or any Council member fails to maintain the foregoing qualifications or shall be absent from three consecutive regularly scheduled meetings without valid excuse, or shall move from the legally established boundaries of the City of Cleveland, the City Council must at its next regular meeting declare a vacancy to exist and shall fill said vacancy as set forth in Section 3.06 of this charter.