The mission of the Austin Memorial Library is to provide quality materials and services, which fulfill educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and businesslike.
Austin Memorial Library website
The general library goals of the Austin Memorial Library shall be:
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region
- To acquire and make available to all residents of the above area such books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other services as will address their needs to:
- Become well informed
- Locate answers to important questions
- Cultivate the imagination and creative expression
- Develop skills for career and vocational advancement
- Enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services
- To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand
- To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age
- To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library's customers
- To review regularly these goals of the Austin Memorial Library and, if necessary, revise them in the light of new developments
- Meet or exceed the basic level of service of the Public Library Standards set by the Texas State Library.